FLC plays a powerful and effective federating role in the Lebanese audiovisual industry, by supporting the development of a competitive Lebanese film industry and establishing Lebanon as a prominent international production location.
1.We Support the development of the film industry in Lebanon by:
– Organizing annual workshops for filmmakers and specialized seminars
– Stimulating the development of Lebanese funds to support and finance local films.
2. We Facilitate local film production by:
– Launching a database of the Lebanese audiovisual professionals in Lebanon and abroad.
– Assembling and disseminating the right information and assisting in the administrative procedures with the appropriate public bodies.
3. We Promote Lebanon as a key destination for international film production by:
– Hosting, organizing and participating in regional and international festivals and events.
– Crafting and creating bridges between local and international professionals.
– Participating in the public debates that contribute to the policy making process offering financial incentives for film makers.
4. We Preserve the Lebanese audiovisual heritage by:
– Restoring and digitalizing old feature films and the archives of old public productions.
– Making such archives available for research and film making