Lebanon Goes to Cannes
Reception FLC, announcement Lebanon Factory
Since 2005, Fondation Liban Cinema- FLC has been more than present at the Cannes Film festival with the Lebanese pavilion in partnership with the Lebanese Office of Tourism in Paris and IDAL- Investment development Authority of Lebanon- and in collaboration with the Ministry of culture, to promote the Lebanese filmmakers and Lebanon as a center for production.
This year, the lebanese presence in Cannes was very distinguished and truly bigger than ever, especially with the 3 directors whose movie were selected in Cannes official program:
- Vatche Boulghourjian for Tramontane at La semaine de la Critique.
- Mounia Akl for her short movie, Submarine, at the Cinefondation
- Wissam Charaf for Tombé du Ciel, at the ACID
The highlights of this year go as follow:
- Screenings of 4 feature films at the film Market:
- Listen or Sma3ni –Philippe Aractinji
- Nuts- Tarek Sikias
- Petty Bourgeois Dream- Mazen Khaled
- Mahbas or Solitaire– Sophie Boutros
Participation of 5 WIP- work in progress projects in the Lebanon Goes to Cannes program:
- Tombé du Ciel by Wissam Charaf
- Eleele by Soula Saad
- A room for a man by Anthony Chidiac
- Beirut Terminus by Elie Kamal
- One of these Days by Nadim Tabet
FLC registered producer Diala Kashmar in the producer’s workshop at the Cannes Film Market.
A cocktail reception was also organized by FLC where the Lebanese professionals were able to meet and mingle with international producers, filmmakers and distributors at the Plage Des Palmes and where a new project was announced, the Lebanon Factory.
Finally, to celebrate the Lebanese Cinema and the Lebanese presence in Cannes, FLC, the Lebanese Office of Tourism in Paris, IDAL, Abbout Productions, Né à Beyrouth and MC Distribution, held a huge party at the Plage de L’Annexe where around 500 professionals from all around the world gathered to celebrate till the break of dawn!
to know more about the FLC